Kitten Terms of sale
- Full vaccination course and 4 health checks by our vet
- Tica Litter Registration Papers to verify the
- UK 4 generation pedigree
- Deposit to secure a kitten is £250 inc
- Registration with GCCF or rabies vaccine/pet passport are optional extra
- Handmade Valarian/Catnip toys to settle kitty in their new home
- Kitten care information and diet sheet
- Sample bag of Cat Litter
- Microchipped directly into the owners name to save further on costs
- Written record of worming
- Kitten treats
- Samples of dry and wet food
- Raw food take away and voucher for raw food
- Copies of the parents genetic tests
- Copy of the Household FELV/FIV negative certificate
- 4/5 weeks insurance cover with Agria or PetPlan
- Kittens will all be neutered before sale
Migatobonito Kittens are sold on the understanding they are not allowed to roam the streets. I suggest ProtectaPet fencing or a catio -both here for you to view.
These are pedigree registered Maine Coons from international show winning lines.
I do not ask for deposits before a kitten is born or before 5/6 weeks, once you have been sent a copy of the kitten terms. The terms include a guarantee for your kitten. You will receive a VAT receipt for any payments made.
Due to the current situation and lockdown not fully lifted. Kittens can be viewed via facetime and collection is in the reception of the boarding cattery where we can safely keep the 2 metre distance. You will be asked to use handgel before handling the kittens and I please ask that you try not to touch any of the surfaces. Please do not attend with children on this visit and preferably only one person can enter at each visit to allow social distancing.
Masks, handgel and shoe protectors are available for single use when here.
Important things to know:
Much as we would like to, we cannot keep all our kittens so we occasionally have Maine Coon kittens available to special homes only. We strongly believe in matching each kitten to the right home, and this process takes time and commitment from both parties. We have the final say on any new home for our kittens.
Please remember kittens are raised around family life, cat showing and caring for all our pets in addition to the boarding cattery.
To keep kittens healthy they may be viewed after their first vaccination from 10 weeks of age. By arrangement kittens may be viewed once in a basket under this age but cannot be handled. All visits are by appointment only.
Pictures will be provided at least every 4 weeks when a kitten is reserved. If the opportunity arises we will send more often but this is not always possible as time is spent socializing with the kittens as opposed to taking photos.
Before a visit and when we provide our address for you, we expect you to do the same and this is checked for security reasons.
Also note if you are arriving early you will need to ring us as the dogs will not allow you to enter until requested.
If you would like to discuss a current kitten please call 07921778599 after 9am and before 6:00pm or email via email@example.com
We are sorry we do not have credit facilities and do not accept cheques but happy to accept bank transfers or cash.
We hope to have covered the majority of your questions but if you have any more please ask.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE QUESTIONNAIRE IF YOU ARE READY TO DISCUSS OFFERING A HOME FOR A KITTEN.
Visitors notice - FAQs.
You may reserve your kitten before viewing as we are not able to hold kittens due to a number of people changing their minds and not informing us. A deposit is required to hold your kitten. Deposits are not refundable unless we are unable to provide you with the kitten or a replacement within a reasonable time. A kitten will not be classed as reserved until a deposit is received. If payment does not clear the kitten will be made available to the next person on the waiting list. I reserve the right to refuse sale with no explanation.
Please do not visit another cattery or view other cats on the same day as you visit us as this oftens results in infection being spread. If you have visited other cats the day before please wear new clean clothing as well. If you have your own cats please wear clean clothes to minimise infection.
Please do not be offended as we will always ask you to wash you hands with hand wash PRIOR to touching any cats or kittens to reduce the risks of infection and remove your shoes on coming into our home.
As we are also a boarding cattery we do have opening hours but they are all by appointment only, therefore if you change your mind and do not wish to make your planned visit please phone or text us so that we can carry on with other family things. Please ring us if you plan to arrive more than ten minutes early as the dogs will not be too happy and need to be moved.
If you would like to arrange a visit to see the kittens and do not wish to purchase one, please advise us as we do have many visitors who appear to choose to visit us as opposed to other family activities. Always make sure you have discussed a new addition with all members of your family and that your personal circumstances are right before making an enquiry or asking to visit. If you wish to see the breed and study their colours, we would recommend that you visit a local cat show so that you may chat to breeders and learn about the breed. Local cat shows may be found on the GCCF and TICA web sites. See the links page.
If you plan to bring your family to view a kitten please do ask us before arriving. A large group of people can be quite frightening for a young kitten and in-laws can always see the kitten when he/she moves to your new home.
All kittens sold for pets will be neutered before leaving Migatobonito. This is not only better for the kitten but also to prevent breeding from cats bought from us without prior permission. Only the best cats are sold for breeding and the breeding ethics of the GCCF and TICA must be followed. You may pay extra for a breeding cat to have the legal right to breed and the cat is placed upon the breeding register as opposed to the non active register. I rarely sell for breeding.
Why do you pay more for a registered kitten than a kitten sold with no papers? Many pedigree kittens are sold on the non active non breeding register for a genuine reason. If you then go on to breed from that cat you will be breaking any contract/agreement that you have signed, of which is subject to legal challenge. Any litters sold from that cat will not be able to be legally registered. Migatobonito breeding cats are all registered on the breeding register and are all fully health checked regularly by our vet. Health tests are carried out to ensure that only healthy stock are bred from. See individual cats for details of health tests. All certificates are available to be viewed when you visit. A 'back street' breeder will not be able to show you these documents and although they claim the kittens to be pedigree with no registration papers, a cat is only pedigree if it is sold with registration papers. (Often papers may be withheld until proof of neutering is produced.) Kittens must always be fully vaccinated and be at least 13 weeks old before they leave the breeder. Kittens sold before this date are in breach of TICA and GCCF rules and regulations and more importantly not sold in the best interests of the kittens.
If you are worried you may be allergic to cats, please advise when contacting us. We do not have visits to see if you are allergic as we have a number of cats and this would be an inaccurate trial. We suggest that a sample of cat fur is sent to you in a sealed envelope and you sleep with this for a week. There is a no charge for this so long as you provide the stamp!
Children are welcome however from experience children under eight need supervision and will be asked to sit quietly with the kittens on the floor and not to cart kitties around. This is for the health and safety of the kittens who can fall and injury themselves from a height.
Can I buy a kitten as a birthday or Xmas surprise? Kittens do not stay small kittens for ever and a fully grown maine coon can be a huge addition to anyones household. It is always better to discuss this with someone before going out to buy a kitten as a gift. We dont usually allow kittens to go Xmas week but happy to provide photos around this time. Once all the festivities have passed you may collect your kitten.
We look forward to meeting new owners and getting to know you and we are here during your kittens life for advice and support. However this is a family hobby and all cat cleaning and looking after kittens will be done within family life. We therefore will not answer cat related calls before 9am and after 9pm as we reserve these times for family. Thank you for taking the time to read this before your visit.
My cattery name Migatobonito™ is registered with both the GCCF and TICA cat associations which means I must obide by their rules, regulations, Code of Ethics and constitutions.
I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion will be sold under the following conditions:
- The kitten terms of sale must be signed before a reservation can be made, if you wish to see this before your kitten visit, please ask for a copy.
- All health certificates, sire & dam registration certificates, pedigree, TICA and GCCF cattery membership are available for viewing on request
- I provide a money back guarantee. All claims must be made within two weeks. For this guarantee to be effective, it is recommended that the kitten be examined by a vetinerinary surgeon within 72 hours of purchase to confirm the condition of its health. If a licensed veterinary surgeon verifies in writing that any illness was contracted pror to the sale date, the breeder shall refund the purchase price upon return of the kitten to the breeder. The kitten must not have mized with any other animals at this point otherwise a charge for leukaemia testing will apply to let the kitten back into the cattery. GCCF registered kittens will be provided with the GCCF general Code of Ethics for breeders and owners in acordance with Rule 10.
- I will insure the kitten for 4 weeks and encourage all new owners to keep the cat insured throughout its life.
- I will not release a kitten until it has been innoculated at least twice against the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis and Calcivirus. I may also choose to give other vaccinations.
- I will encourage the purchaser to contact me if the purchaser has any questions and I will respond in a timely manner.
- I will provide the TICA registration application form and/or pedigree for the kitten/cat ONLY after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten/cat has been altered. (GCCF on request) Unless neutered or spayed before leaving Migatobonito.
- I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of sale. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
- I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
- Pet kittens will be neutered or spayed before leaving.
- I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser's own veterinarian within a few days of purchase to confirm its good health.
- I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale and the kitten will have been checked at least three times by my veterninarian. Any faults that the kitten may have will have been explained before the sale and written into the kitten agreement.